Coaches and assistant coaches are expected to comply with the following guidelines:
1. Coaches are responsible for the safety of their players. Ensure that your field surfaces, field equipment, player equipment, and training activities are safe.
2. Provide a positive learning environment for the players, and allow them to have FUN.
3. Promote fair play, good sportsmanship, and good citizenship.
4. Positive coaching from the touchline is allowed. Negative coaching is NOT allowed.
5. Coaches are responsible for the behavior of their players and spectators.
6. No coach, player, or spectator shall dispute decisions made by the referee.
7. No coach, player, or spectator shall use profane language.
8. Be a positive role model.
9. Read, understand, and abide by the VYSL Coaches Code of Conduct.
10. Be familiar with and abide by the applicable rules, policies, and procedures established by CYSA and US Club Soccer.
11. Attend all VYSL meetings. A $25 fee will be charged to any team not represented at meetings. If a coach cannot attend, team managers are accepted.
12. Participate in all VYSL activities (e.g. fundraisers, try-outs, tournaments).
Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in disciplinary action, including removal of the coach from the coaching position.
By signing below, I certify that I have fully read this agreement and will comply with its guidelines.
Coach's Signature______________________________________ Date__________________________
Print Coach's Name___________________________________Team Gender &Age____________________
Home Phone___________________________ Cell Phone________________________________________